Friday, October 10, 2008

MELANCHOLY



I'm going to miss Fall more than usual this year.  I've relished every second of sunlight and warmth.  My heater isn't on and I've only built a couple of fires.  I'm huddled in a warm cashmere shawl while I watch the Bloomberg Report.  It isn't quite light outside,  I'll move out to the porch for my second cup of coffee and watch the sun cause the color show in my yard come to life.  

I'm lucky.  In the middle of winter I still have my rose bushes full of red rose hips and purple and orange leaves.  No matter how dark it gets in the cold time of the year, no matter how gloomy that splash of color brightens my days.  Who knows what will happen this winter?  Will I have enough wood?  Is it going to be a long winter(they all are at my age) ?  Will our economy collapse under the weight of the corrupt Bush government, broken beyond repair?  Will there be an epidemic of homelessness?  

Will food be at a shortage soon?  Gas is already here although not the problem it is in Georgia.  What will inflation be like?  I'm going to get that second cup of coffee, go sit on my porch and enjoy the beauty while it's left.


3 comments:

Dan Kelly said...

Damn, Linda. Got any positive thoughts in there?

LindaRizz said...

Never when the leaves start falling. Not to mention a strong feeling of forboding. Actually that is the nature of melancholy you know! LOL!

LindaRizz said...

I just reread that. That post has a lot fo positive in it. What you talking bout?