Tuesday, February 17, 2009

NIGHTS AT HOME

I'm a happy camper tonight.  It's warm and cosy in my house and due to a whole day spent at home, it's clean here also.  Yeah the dishes are done, the floors vacumned, swept, mopped, and the furniture dusted.  Candles and lamps are lit in the living room and dining room.  The whole house smells of their floral scents and the spiciness of the chai brewing on the wood stove.  The herbs I am grinding to make medicines with add to the scents in the air. 

I always make medicines in a sterile area.  I burn sage and rosemary as well as certain candles dressed in oils that are supposed to clear the air and bless the work being done.  I play music, tonight, a CD made by a friend of mine who plays Indian flute songs   I start with prayers.  I work with meditation.  I sometimes finish with a start, like waking up unexpectedly, to find everything is done.  Making medicines is a fulfilling chore.  At the end I will have something made that will help a certain person.  It will have the prayers needed for the particular illness and the particular person.  The whole ceremony from beginning to end will leave me feeling clean, healthy and spiritually filled.

I was told this fall I had more lines of healing in my hands than the reader had seen before.  This is what I am supposed to do with my life and time.  I can help the body and I've had some luck and success with healing the soul.  I am growing and collecting as many medicinal herbs as I can this year.  Something tells me I will need them.  It's time to review and update my knowledge and renew my stores.  I feel a warning in my bones that I must do this.  It is time to use my gift and knowledge for others.  

In the meantime I will enjoy every second I can, all the colors, warmth and scents of the good life I have right now.  I'll realize how very lucky I am and recognize the fact things might not always be so easy.  It's time for me to start making my home a place where things of need can be found.

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

i loved reading this. you have many gifts. thanks for sharing one of the best with me.. your friendship. that's healing in itself.

a clean house, is always a gift unto ourselves, isn't it?

LindaRizz said...

Yeah and not as frequent as I'd like lately!