Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cheetos, Where have you been?


A friend of mine mentions Cheetos frequently, well more frequently than anyone else I know.  He brought them back to my attention.  I'd been thinking about making him a Cheeto cake or Cheeto cookies.  I thought the orange glow could be worked in with an L.A. Tan motif.  I had visions of creative frosting!  

Yesterday I was opening up at work which involves being there alone in the best part of the day.  I water all our plants and work in our little garden for a bit every day.  It's the best time of the day in town, shaded and cool surrounded by our hanging baskets of flowers.  I was in the kitchen getting the water pot out when I saw them, an open bag of Cheetos.  They must have been bought by my boss as he eats junk like a fiend and never gains an ounce.  I hate him for that in spite of our 30 year long friendship!  I took a few and wandered out to water more.  

I was halfway hoping I'd see our squirrel.  I often feed him and on days I have something special he will eat out of my hand.  I was hoping Cheetos was something special.  Indeed he ran up to my, climbed my jeans and ate them in my lap holding each puffed kernel of chemical orange goodness!  However, to my surprise he only ate a couple.  I watched for quite a while as I crammed down the rest of the bag.  Nope, he didn't eat any more.  I had to go inside to wipe the grease and orange dye off my mouth and hands.  Wonder what he didn't like about those Cheetos?  Do you think it could have been a health issue?


1 comment:

Dan Kelly said...

That squirrel don't know what the fuck he's missing! Animal instinct would tell any squirrel/person in their right mind to eat them up.

It's satan with a fluffy tail; beware!

I don't eat them nearly as often as I talk about them. :) Now Mike & Ikes on the other hand...