Friday, September 5, 2008

Fog In The Air


Oh no, fog down to the ground  this morning!   It wasn't so bad early but it's getting there now.   I need to start hauling in my plants, at least to the porch so they don't freeze.  I had to scrape ice yesterday morning from my windshield.  When I drive to work I see groups of Mountain Sheep feeding by the highway, getting ready for a storm that will keep them from getting food easily.

The leaves have been turning yellow for a week everywhere.  My Dad, who is 81, says he hasn't seen any of them.  I know he has.  He just hates the idea of winter coming so soon.  So do I.  I want another couple of months, hanging out in the garden, walking without hiking boots and coats, heating easily with low costs, not having to dig out the driveway.  You know, summer things!  Or at least Indian Summer things.

In the time I've written this post the fog has come down to the ground and there is no blue sky left.  The trees just slightly higher up the hill from me are frosted.  I will bring my tomatoes in this morning.  Ah, gone are the times of being able to walk freely around my house.  For the rest of the winter it will be a greenhouse.  In exchange I will get that lovely smell of green inside my home.  It's worth it.  Not to mention a live-in grocery store of fresh veggies, salad greens and herbs.  




2 comments:

Dan Kelly said...

" I had to scrape ice yesterday morning from my windshield."

Yuck! That sucks. But that fog sure does make for a pretty picture.

LindaRizz said...

It sucks a lot as I've had to do it a lot lately! Summer's gone