Thursday, September 25, 2008

Harvest Time

Well it's all over except for the shouting!  Harvest time has come in Empire.  I took my crop of cucumbers (2) , wax peppers (2) Jalapenos (6) turnips (40) tomatoes, (40 and still going strong inside) lettuce, spinach, rosemary, sage, thyme, chives, and numerous other little amounts and made one big salad!  The tomatoes, eggplant and squash are still growing inside so we'll see what happens with those.  I haven't bought salad greens since June so I've saved a lot of money with that.  Next year garlic and onions go in also.  The mint patch is kicking.  I have plenty of tea for the winter and I'm just starting to bring in the rose hips.

I'll post pictures tomorrow.  Until then, happy eating!

1 comment:

Dan Kelly said...

That's a lot of green shit! Nice goin'.