Monday, September 22, 2008

Yesterday's Hike




















While I saw four more people than I wanted to on this trip it was a wonderful day!  The weather was breezy, leaves were blowing around, trees are about half and half in color.  I love those trees that look like yellow is just staining the green edges.  I went up the Argentine Railroad grade and then on to an old mine road up the side of the moutain.  Once I got there I didn't see any more people and my day was perfect.

This picture of the side of the mountain shows you where I'm going, right up to the top!

There was so much rain this year there is moss everywhere.  Under blankets of moss and lichen the rainwater has washed out around rocks and tree roots.  The side of the mountain is full of these places.  They look like altars to the Goddess.  The leaves and berries laying on top of the peat moss are the offerings to the end of summer.



5 comments:

Dan Kelly said...

Nice, Linda! How far is that from you?

LindaRizz said...

It's about eight miles up the valley. The climb starts in Silver Plume my home town but the picture on the bottom, that's at the foot of Empire hill, two miles from my place heading up I-70

Mama Bear said...

love the aspen trees! they are one of my favorites. i love trees........

Dan Kelly said...

Well, it's purty!

Linda, you should delete that "Very fine......" comment. It's just spam. They tried to leave one on mine as well.

LindaRizz said...

Actually I figured it was spam but I haven't had time to edit it. thanks Dan