Sunday, November 2, 2008

WHEN YOU JUST CAN'T SLEEP

Sometimes you see beautiful things.  These pictures were taken a few nights ago.  I find I can do some effective thinking sitting outside on the porch and looking at things in the dark!



The moon rise was happening when I took these and as it rarely does, it showed color!  If you look carefully you'll see the pinks and reds reflected in two of these pictures.  While I was out there drinking hot tea and taking these shots the coyotes serrandaded me.  The owls who live in the tree above my place were out and hunting with their triple calls.  And just to make it more  special I heard one of my old friends and neighbors sitting outside on his porch playing guitar and singing the blues.

By the time I finished my tea, "Lights out Campers" is the name of it by the way, the show that nature and neighbor had put on for me had quieted my mind and body.  I spent a last few minutes looking at the beauty in the night time sky and then went to bed again, this time to get a few hours of sleep.

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

can i just say, "wish i was there"! this is my kinda Ommmmmmmmmmm.

great shots, great story. love the blues and owls and tea and "lights out campers".

makes me wanna take the camera out this morning.

best time to photograph.

Dan Kelly said...

Very nice, Linda!