Thursday, December 11, 2008

Moon


Last night the moon was stunning.  It reflected off the snow piled around my yard like a neon light.   I took a walk around 2:00 because it was so enticing.  It was surprising to find that after I got out of town it was still bright enough to hike up the road and avoid the drifts.  The whole experience was like being in another dimension, some place like Earth but not quite the same.

Roland had refused to go with me perfering his warm bed to jaunting around in the cold.  He wasn't there to chase after the rabbits I saw or the deer standing in the meadow.  Maybe I wouldn't have seen them if he had come but it made me sad.  He's getting older.  I remember a time I couldn't have gotten out the front door without him.

I got up to the overlook between Georgetown and Empire.  I wish I'd taken a camera.  The moon and Christmas lights reflecting off Georgetown Lake was beautiful.  The lights on the houses showed like a rainbow surrouding them.  The sky was black and clear and full of stars.  I'll hope for another clear night tonight when the moon is exactly full and try to get a picture of that scene.  I'll use it for my Christmas cards.


No comments: