Monday, December 1, 2008

Nasty Miserable Cold!


What a miserable morning!  I got up in the cold, listening to the winds howling outside for the fifth straight day.  Today I'm taking my poor dog for a walk no matter what.  I'm lucky that my fire-building skills are hones to a fine edge.  The fire was built and roaring in a matter of minutes.  One match, that's all!  A smug smirk is on my face just in case you need help visualizing the scene!  The tea water is on.  This morning I'm having Honey Vanilla Chamomile!  That sounds good.  

The Thanksgiving storm may be the beginning of a long winter in Empire.  Already we are having stead snow while the rest of the state is show blue sky and fluffy clouds.  There is nothing fluffy about the day up here.  The snow is still coming down sideways and it is cold outside, 10 deg F, not to mention the wind chill with thirty mile an hour winds.

Inside my house though, I've just let the dog back inside and he's in front of the stove getting rid of the snow.  The cat is sitting on the wood cabinet trying to decide if a flying leap only to dog's back is in his near future.  Tea water is starting to boil and I can no longer sit on the stove, it's too hot.  I think things are looking up!


No comments: