Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A VIEW OF MY BASEMENT

Yeah, it's a little wet down there.  The bottom of my water heater is leaking like mad.  When I went down to use the water turn-off valve it fell off in my hands.  Oh dear!  So after a morning of dealing with being soaked in rusty water and the depression of knowing I have no, that would be none, as in zero, zip and nada funds to fix the problem.  Did I mention no plumbers in the county work on trailers?  So there's a lot of shovel work I'll be doing on my own.


Another skill learned by the time this thing is done.  Of course, depending on my learning curve, by next week I could be living large with hot running water or blown to bits and buried in that damn water heater.  Stay tuned.  (For Dan's benefit, I have no idea what has made font colors, sizes and underlines happen to day.  I guess it's just to keep you on your toes!)

3 comments:

Dan Kelly said...

I wasn't going to comment on the giganta-font and underlining. I was more concerned with the "it's a little wet down there."

I'm glad to hear your problem is halfway solved. Zoiks! When are your visitors arriving?

LindaRizz said...

Long before any of my problem will be solved. The tank is 14 miles away and finding a pick up that is not crammed full of camping equipment or construction materials and a man who had a back strong enough to help me load it. The girls are supposed to come in on Sunday night. Ah a little camping never heart anyone. It's drying out down there but that's because all my water is turned off. When it rains it pours, so to speak! LOL!

Dan Kelly said...

That's really, really yucky. :( Sorry to hear that.