Sunday, May 11, 2008

MOTHER'S DAY 2008

I spent Mother's Day out in the woods.  Roland and I took pictures, rolled around on the new sprouted mountain sage, slept on the peat moss by the creek and just plain old enjoyed life.  I walked through a forest of old trees.  These pictures are two sides of the same tree, blasted by lightning, a keyhole into the woods, a magic thing, looking forward and back as if two different trees were being shown.  

Maybe I was just in a mood for magic as I remembered becoming a mother and all the wonder that had accompanied that.  I wasn't supposed to be able to have a child after several surgeries.  Three years after I was told that my son was born.  He made my life full of joys I had never thought to savor.  He is the one consistent love in my life, the person who has always been worth any sacrifice.  I am such a lucky person.  My son is a kind, thoughtful, bright creative person.  He is the kind of person any mother is proud of raising.  I won't take credit for his personality as he has had a strength and dignity about him most of his young life.  I share the twisted sense of humor he has and I will take credit for that!  What better feeling than knowing the one other person in the room laughing is your child?  You know you've passed on something you will always share.

My Mother's Day has been full of joy and sun and love.  My dog is whipped.  I am butter like from the hot tub I just got out of.  Dinner is already and I'll eat on the porch watching the swarming hummingbirds and loving life.  Thank you Goddess for my son, my life and my home.

1 comment:

Norn Cutson said...

i love that wood photo.