Saturday, May 17, 2008

Nothing If Not Inconsistent!

This was the view from my porch day before yesterday.  Today the sun is shining on green everywhere, birds are singing their hearts out and flowers are out.  My hummingbirds are going through a quart of syrup a day, the robins are everywhere and flickers, sparrows, finches and bluebirds fill the trees by the hundreds.

Colorado springs are such a mix of light and dark, freaking out every new snowfall, cherishing each and every moment of sunlight.  I wish I could play a recording of this morning's birdsong on this blog.  It would bring life to the pictures I post and it would help people to understand how saturated with sound this morning is.  The fragility of the day is emphasized by a weather report on the radio calling for snow above 9,000 feet.  The animals are fed, the coffee is ready and I'm moving slowly determined not to rush at all today.  When I get off work I will be doing laundry, baking birthday cake, getting the bar-b-que ready for tomorrow  My sister is having her forty-fifth birthday.  We're spending the day and night together, taking Roland to the Westmutter dog show, getting together with the rest of the family, and just chilling.  It takes a lot of work to get to that point though.  

One last sip of espresso and the morning kicks in.  Time to get a move on and start the day's work.

3 comments:

Dan Kelly said...

Quite a day you've got planned! The cake sounds nice. :) I'll be mowing the lawn then hopefully going to see Chronicles of Narnia

AIDS Walk tomorrow! Fun enough event, but there goes my Sunday - I'll be there at 7:30 a.m.

LindaRizz said...

Prince Caspian is a hottie huh? The AIDS walk does sound like fun. I know about having the day gone though. I'm taking my sister home on Monday and then coming back and taking a long nap!

Dan Kelly said...

Prince Caspian was annoying, but the movie was good. Lucy was so cute to me. I was hoping somehow, miraculously, she'd be the same age she was in the first. :)

We went over to the apartment before the movie to take some more things home. We're probably got two more trips then we're done!

Hope the birthday celebration is/was good!